Collecting- highlight journal books
- highlight history notes
- 7 steps to a thesis
- collect quotations
Organizing- T-chart of LotF / Civil War
- Outline (framework your ideas)
Writing- rough draft (click on this link and follow the instructions EXACTLY)
Revising / Rewriting
- share with a peer so they 'CAN COMMENT'
- ask them nicely to share 5-7 comments (looking at overall organization of ideas and supporting thesis)
- ask yourself:
- does my thesis argue a side?
- does the order of my body paragraphs help ideas build on top of each other?
- do I lead in to the quotations/facts so the reader knows the situation they come from?
- do I show my thinking behind including each quotation/fact? have I analyzed in a way that connects to the idea of my thesis?